This cottage is a little gem! Situated in the heart of Bentley village, the cottage is located in a prime position within a walk of the centre. The property dates to the early 14th century being the oldest small house in Hampshire. Period features still remain and there is an abundance of charm and character including inglenook fireplaces. The delightful sitting room is a bright room enjoying a southerly front aspect, and is complemented by a separate dining room which has a log burner installed in recent years. To the rear of the kitchen there is a further good-sized room which could be used as a study. The kitchen, whilst dated, offers plenty of space and has the added benefit of a utility area. There is a ground floor bathroom, and on the first floor there are two double bedrooms with one of them benefitting from an en-suite cloakroom. The cottage offers enormous potential to modernise and extend (subject to planning permission and listed building consent) and gives the new occupier an opportunity on which to stamp their own mark.
* Entrance Hall with quarry tiled floor.
* Sitting Room with feature inglenook fireplace and stairs to the first floor.
* Dining Room with a further inglenook fireplace fitted with a log burner which was installed approximately 4 years ago.
* Kitchen - in need of updating but has cupboards and drawers, working surfaces and space for appliances. There is a larder cupboard, sink unit and stable door to garden.
* Utility Area with Butler sink and space for appliance. There is also a large understairs storage area.
* Study/Bedroom 3 to the rear of the property with a door to the well maintained, established rear garden.
Stairs to First Floor * Landing with storage cupboard.
* Bedroom 1 - a double room with magnificent beams. There is a wardrobe and basin with vanity unit.
* Bedroom 2 - a further spacious room with storage and again stunning beams.
* Cloakroom with pedestal wash basin and low level w.c.
* Gas central heating.