The Ridge house is a handsome Victorian building in a premier road within a quarter of a mile of Guildford s upper High Street. This ideal location is close to many of Guildford s amenities and features one bedroom and an attractive interior with many character features still evident.
One of the nicest features of the property is its west facing aspect from a slightly elevated position, overlooking part of the town towards the cathedral. The main reception area, which is also open plan to the kitchen, has a delightful double aspect with French doors leading out to a small communal area of garden which is perfect for a glass of wine in the summer watching the sun go down behind the cathedral.
The character of the building is immediately evident upon reaching the front door, which opens to a magnificent communal hallway and entrance to flat one. There are wooden floors throughout, a refurbished bathroom and kitchen, wide wooden floorboards to the entrance hall and main living space. The master bedroom is a good size with carpet, excellent built in storage and high ceilings which are found throughout the property.
Our client tells us there is a great community atmosphere within the building where the residents own a share of the freehold and maintain the building well. There is off-street parking for residents and the use of a storage shed for residents only for bikes etc.
* Character conversion flat ground floor with one bedroom
* Excellent storage
* Open plan kitchen/living area
* French doors to communal garden
* Sash refurbished windows
* Gas central heating to radiators
* Off-street parking for residents
* Kitchen has fitted electric oven, ceramic hob and extractor with space for usual appliances
* Ideal location for town and other Guildford amenities
* Share of Freehold * Lease 125 years from 1987
* Maintenance charge - £117.70 pcm