This wonderful detached double fronted cottage offers impeccably maintained accommodation with generous room sizes throughout, featuring many period features including striped wood doors with iron latch handles, picture rails, original fireplaces and high ceilings. Offered for sale for the first time in 37 years, the property offers immense character and charm and was originally believed to have been a boarding house for the workers of the Waterhouse Estate in the early 1900's and is also alleged to have been utilized as the village doctors surgery. Situated in the heart of Holmbury St Mary village, this delightful property offers significant potential to extend (STPP) yet would be ideal for anyone seeking a classic Surrey Hills village home.
* Welcoming pitch roof entrance porch with quarry tiled floor.
* Two separate reception rooms with the sitting room having a delightful cast iron fireplace as a focal point, together with an adjacent fitted exposed pine cupboard and high level picture rail, which also features in the dining room.
* Superb kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a comprehensive range of Stoneham, Shaker style units with Corian preparation surfaces and featuring Siemans fitted appliances together with a focal point Rayburn Range and plenty of space for a dining table.
* Ancillary rooms including a boot/utility room with side access and storage cupboards and further walk-in pantry offering further appliance and cupboard storage space.
* A delightful turning staircase with flank window overlooking the garden, leading to the uniquely shaped landing.
* Three generous double bedrooms with high vaulted ceilings, picture rails and original fireplaces, with bedroom one featuring a comprehensive range of fitted wardrobes and drawer units and offering a delightful open aspect over the valley.
* Recently updated bathroom, sumptuously fitted with a Villeroy and Boch suite including a double end bath and large separate shower cubicle, all complimented by stylish contemporary tiling.
* Glorious terraced and landscaped gardens featuring a plethora of established plants and shrubs.