Rent Recovery Plus
Peace of mind for Landlords
While you take every precaution to rent to only reliable tenants, their circumstances can sometimes change outside their control. When this happens, it’s natural to be sympathetic, but also important to ensure you still receive the rental income to cover your mortgage or outgoings.
When tenants can’t or won’t pay, you’re protected.
As a landlord you can have your interest noted in our Rent Recovery Plus policy. You don’t have any rights under the policy, but if your tenant does fall into arrears and we make a successful claim under the policy, any sums recovered that are due will be passed to you.
We will write to you directly to confirm your interest in this once a policy has been arranged.
Key Features & Benefits Of Rent Recovery Plus
- Cover for the total monthly rent, no matter how many tenants are on the tenancy agreement.
- 100% of the monthly rent paid for up to a maximum of six months from the date of the first arrears.
- Legal expenses up to £50,000 for an eviction.
- Covers breaches of the tenancy agreement by the tenant, including non-payment of rent and expired section 21 notices.
- 50% of the rent paid for up to two months after vacant possession has been obtained, whilst new tenants are found.
- Six or twelve month cover to suit the tenancy.
- Rent Recovery Plus (RRP) covers the whole property meaning the policy continues even when/if the tenants change.
- Excess or nil excess options available.
We can also provide information on a range of Landlord Insurance products, including:
- Landlord’s Building Insurance
- Landlord’s Contents Insurance
- Landlord’s Contents Insurance for unfurnished properties
- Home Emergency Assistance and Boiler cover
Subject to satisfactory referencing: An acceptable HomeLet Enhance reference or if a HomeLet Insight reference has been completed, a tenancy application score of over 710 is required. Only available for UK applicants in full time employment. A HomeLet Insight reference is not a satisfactory reference for a nil excess product or where the monthly rent is over £2,500 a month. We will also accept satisfactory references by other licensed referencing services that have been approved, in writing, by HomeLet.