Why Burns & Webber
Why do we sell nearly £3m worth of property in Surrey every single day?
Because we understand that our clients want to sell their properties for the best possible price, as quickly as possible (or in a timescale to suit their requirements), and in a stress-free manner.
Our statistics from the last 12 months tell the story:
- On average, we've achieved 98% of the valuation price on behalf of our clients.
- Contracts have exchanged within 60 days of marketing on 80% of the property we've sold.
- In the last 12 months, we sold over 2,000 properties, ranging from a retirement flat at £130,000 to a mansion at £10m.
- The total value of property sold was over £1bn.
If you're considering selling a property in Surrey, a meeting with us and a full market appraisal will give you a very clear picture of who might buy it, how that target market can be reached, what it will sell for, how long it's likely to take to achieve a sale and what should be done to achieve the best price in the required time frame.
Why do we achieve, on average, 98% of valuation on behalf of our clients?
- Because we don't overvalue properties to secure instructions.
- Because our marketing strategies ensure we don't miss buyers who are looking for a property like yours.
- Because we negotiate hard on your behalf; we won't carelessly compromise on the value of your property.
If we're accurate in our initial appraisal of value and honest with our clients, our properties will sell quickly and without a compromise having to be made on price. And crucially, properties in our hands sell without lingering on the market, growing stale and struggling to find a buyer until the price is finally reduced to where it should have started.
However, we are attuned to changes in the market and our valuations always anticipate upward trends.
Why do our sales succeed where others fail to proceed to completion?
In a market where economic uncertainty has led to a particularly high rate of deals breaking down prior to exchange, at Burns & Webber our 'fall-through' rate is a massive 30% below the national average.
Our view is that, when an offer is accepted on a property, our work has just begun.
- We qualify our buyers and stay on top of the deal until contracts have exchanged, removing glitches and smoothing any turbulence that may arise in the process.
- We anticipate potential issues and provide solutions before they become problems.
- 24% of the properties that we sell are to buyers who don't have a property to sell themselves, meaning there are less complications.
Why we've invested heavily in our website and digital marketing
- More than 80% of buyers now start their search online, so it's important your property stands out in a crowded digital market.
- Because Surrey buyers frequently come from out of the immediate area and from overseas and rely on an internet search.
- So buyers have the best experience possible while searching on our site. Nothing is hard to find, there's no trendy App to download, and no matter how you decide to visit our website, whether it's on a PC, tablet or mobile phone, everything is speedy and straightforward.
Our new website will achieve a Google page speed exceeding 90/100 which makes it one of the fastest property websites in the industry - a feat only regularly matched by the likes of big-hitters such as Rightmove.
Work behind-the-scenes from our techies means that we are regularly the highest ranking agent in Google page listings. Buyers who are searching for property in any of the areas in which we operate are directed straight to our clients' properties leaving other agents standing in the digital race.
And for those who prefer to do their property search by car or foot, Burns & Webber are equally high profile with around 600 boards in Surrey streets at any one time, leaving real time visitors in little doubt who the market leader in the area is.
How will our staff make a difference to your move?
As a service industry, the success of our business relies on staff who are at the top of their game. While sales skills are clearly paramount, our rigorous selection process and our training also focuses heavily on fielding a team that our clients will find approachable, friendly and easy to work with. We are also caring, mature, hugely informed and empathetic when it comes to client needs.
The partners of Burns & Webber are fully involved in the business on a daily basis and have had a big influence on creating a team that share the same values and aspire to the same service levels as they do themselves.
In an industry sector where a high turnover of staff isn't unusual, we have an exceptional record of staff who have found little appeal in moving on, preferring to remain within the Burns & Webber 'family' and in some cases almost becoming part of the furniture!
We'll take care of everything to ensure your home is advertised in the right way to attract the right buyer. We look at each property individually and consider its advertising needs, whether that be within our presence in local property papers or on a national level in glossy magazines.
The advertising in print is supported by brightly lit displays in our office windows and our smart, visible For Sale boards - which are still one of the most powerful ways of attracting buyer enquiries.
To create maximum impact for any property, we still believe there is no substitute for a well-produced brochure, one that's packed with stunning photography and an insightful narrative, to really bring your home to life.
We'll give your property a great brochure and run email marketing campaigns to our 8,000 strong list of registered buyers.
We sell many properties that never appear on the market, because our clients have decided to sell on a 'Discreet Marketing' basis, preferring to keep details of their homes away from public advertising and the internet.
If a discreet sale sounds like the right way to sell your property, talk to your local Burns & Webber branch to find out more about this special service.
We produce our own property magazines in-house, that showcase a selection of our properties for sale.
These are displayed in all our offices as well as hand delivered in their thousands to targeted addresses surrounding our offices. The publications are also emailed to our buyer database.
Why does experience matter?
While longevity is no guarantee of quality, there are advantages to an agency that has been 'around the block' a few times. Burns & Webber were founded in Godalming in 1986. Today we operate four core offices in Cranleigh, Farnham, Godalming and Guildford and are supported by our wider network of 17 additional Curchods offices along the A3 corridor as well as The London Office.
We're not the flashiest, we're not the newest and we're not the biggest. But we have built a sound reputation for getting the job done well, without sacrificing honesty and integrity - or humour! And without the need for selling out to a financial institution or other corporate being.
As a company and as individuals, we've been in the business long enough to have experienced a wide range of different markets and economic climates. We know how to go about achieving the best possible results for our clients in times of sustained growth and in times of economic gloom. We're not just here for the good times!