SOLD BY BURNS & WEBBER - A wonderful character lodge house featuring 3 bedrooms and 3 reception areas, situated in an elevated position upon Winterfold Hill with superb, far reaching, Southerly views over The Sussex Weald and featuring paddocks extending in excess of 1.6 acres. EPC Rating 'F'
- SOLD BY BURNS & WEBBER
- Kitchen/diner enjoying stunning view, wooden units, various appliances, tiled surfaces, quarry tiled floor and stable door to driveway, door to utility room with stable door to rear, plus cloakroom.
- Double aspect dining room with oak flooring featuring bricked fireplace containing wood burning stove.
- Garden view sitting room enjoying focal point Victorian fireplace and useful shelving, leading to double-aspect orangery drawing in the gorgeous view and benefitting from double doors to the terrace.
- The split staircase leads to double aspect master suite comprising plentiful wow factor due to stunning view to the South Downs, built-in wardrobes and modern ensuite bathroom with glazed shower.
- The other stairs lead to two further good-sized bedrooms, one with built-in wardrobe, together with family bathroom comprising white suite including bath plus airing cupboard and loft access.
- Outside, the garden and paddocks wrap around the property on various levels, including a generous dining terrace with feature well and parking for many vehicles on the gravelled drive.
- The stable block comprises 4 generous loose boxes and an office adjacent to an outside tap, hard-standing and the securely gated driveway.
Built in approximately 1876 by Lord Alvelstone, former Lord Chief Justice, as part of the Winterfold Estate on the slopes of Winterfold above the village of Cranleigh, the property is not overlooked, surrounded by its own land and has access to excellent riding countryside.
The stable block comprises 4 stables plus an office/tack Room. Immediately adjoining the garden terrace and the stables, there is a paddock with a further paddock on the other side of the track.
The house provides generous accommodation and includes plenty of character and flexibility.
Situated on the slopes of Winterfold, in a quiet location with access to bridle paths on the edge of the village yet within easy reach of schools. Cranleigh village has a health centre, library, leisure centre and arts centre as well as range of shops including butcher, fishmonger, MandS Simply Food', two supermarkets and many independent retailers. The area is surrounded by open countryside, including the Surrey Hills, ideal for walking, cycling and horse riding. Cranleigh is located 10 miles south of Guildford, with its mainline fast service into Waterloo plus access to the A3 for the M25 and London. .