This delightful period cottage is situated in the centre of Alfold village, a sought after location surrounded by picturesque countryside. Beautifully presented throughout, the property offers tremendous character and charm and has been refurbished to a high standard throughout including new wiring, boiler, radiators, roof tiles, double glazed windows and dimmable light switches in each room, together with original features including part glazed internal doors, picture rails and high ceilings.
The front door is positioned at the side of the property and opens into an entrance hall. This in turn leads to a warm and cosy sitting room which is well-proportioned, with a bay window to the front aspect and a central open brick fireplace with a tiled hearth and wood burner, together with exposed timber floorboards. The dining room has an exposed brick fireplace with tiled hearth as the focal point, together with a window facing the rear garden and a substantial under stairs storage cupboard. A quarry tiled floor runs through the Shaker style kitchen, fitted with solid wood worktops, Indesit electric oven and hob, stainless steel sink and space for a dishwasher with a part glazed door to the garden. A step up leads to the utility room which has space for appliances and features under floor heating that runs through into the bathroom. Recently updated, the bathroom is fitted with a white Ideal Standard contemporary style suite with power shower over the bath, vanity unit and Fired Earth porcelain tiles. A staircase leads from the hall to the first floor landing, from which all the upstairs rooms radiate. There are two spacious double bedrooms fitted with original fireplaces and a large wardrobe offers plenty of storage space in the mater bedroom. Bedroom three is a sizable single bedroom and has a view over the rear garden. A loft hatch is assessable from the landing offering storage in the half boarded roof area or the opportunity to convert to additional living space.
~ A stunning, comprehensively refurbished home retaining much of the original charm and character, blended with a contemporary and stylish dÃ©cor.
~ Double glazed Everest windows with a 10 year guarantee.
~ New radiators with a 3 year guarantee.
~ New roof tiles with a 60 year guarantee on the tiles and a 10 year guarantee on the roof.
- Cosy yet well-proportioned sitting room with bay window to the front garden, central open brick fireplace with tiled hearth and wood burner, together with exposed timber floorboards.
- Dining room with exposed brick fireplace with tiled hearth, window with rear garden views and substantial cupboard.
- Shaker style kitchen with quarry tiled floor fitted with solid wood worktops, Indesit electric oven and hob, space for appliances and part glazed door to garden.
- A step up from the kitchen leads to the useful utility room with space for further appliances and featuring underfloor heating which runs on through into the bathroom.
- Bathroom fitted with a contemporary white Ideal Standard suite with power shower over the bath, vanity unit, underfloor heating and stylish Fired Earth porcelain tiles.
- Two spacious double bedrooms fitted with original fireplaces and a large wardrobe in the master bedroom. Bedroom three is a sizeable single room with garden view.
- Loft hatch from landing offering spacious storage in roof area, or the opportunity to convert to additional living space (subject to regulations).
- Delightful gated rear garden, mainly laid to lawn and surrounded by a variety of shrubs including a magnolia and camellia tree, plus raised decking area positioned for sunshine through the day.
Garden and Exterior
The front of the property has an original brick retaining wall on the front boundary with steps to a path leading to the front door which is positioned at the side of the property. There is an area of lawn at the front of the house with a selection of established shrubs.. The side path leads through a gate to the rear garden. There are two garden stores and fitted outside lighting, an electric point and an external water tap. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn and is surrounded by a variety of shrubs offering a good degree of privacy and features a magnolia and camellia tree. A recently completed raised area of decking spans across the far end of the garden, perfectly positioned for maximum sunshine throughout the day and the ideal place to entertain al-fresco.
Alfold is on the Surrey/West Sussex border set in countryside with footpaths and bridleways through Forestry Commission land and along the Wey and Arun Canal. There is a church, village shop, village hall, sports grounds and tennis courts and two local pubs. Neighbouring Cranleigh offers a bustling High Street including a butcher, fishmonger, cafes, restaurants, health centre, library and leisure centre. Godalming offers further shops and facilities plus mainline station with fast service into Waterloo and access to the A3 for the M25 and central London.