Swallow Cottage has origins to 1550 with later additions and has been a fabulous family home for many years for our clients. This beautiful setting in the Bramley conservation area is a rural hidden gem in the Surrey countryside. The property is full of character in every room which includes original beams, leaded windows and two fabulous Inglenook fireplaces. Unlike many period cottages of this era the ceiling height to the first floor does not encroach on potential owners of a certain height. The property has a nice feeling of space and light through the pretty windows many of which overlook the surrounding area and the beautiful garden, which backs onto fields behind. Currently there are four bedrooms on the first floor and a family bathroom. On the ground floor there is a farm house style kitchen breakfast area which overlooks the rear garden. The two main separate reception areas both feature fireplaces. In addition, there is also an inner hall with bookcasing and an entrance porch, which is rarely used as the kitchen door remains the favoured entrance to the property. This very cosy home is full of atmosphere and is now looking for another long term occupation from its new owners.
* Grade II listed cottage dating from approximately 1550, originally constructed as two farm workers cottages.
* Oil fired central heating
* Private drainage to a Klargester bio-system
* Four bedrooms
* Beamed ceilings and walls - Beautiful wooden sprung floor to the dining hall - Two Inglenook fireplaces, one with a log burning stove - Latched and braced internal doors
* Downstairs cloakroom
* Kitchen and breakfast area
* Bespoke bookcasing and fitted cupboards
* Detached barn style garage with office above and driveway parking for several vehicles
* Beautifully maintained large rear garden backing onto fields enjoying an open view
* Plot measures just over 1/4 acre