SOLD BY BURNS & WEBBER - A superb opportunity to acquire a charming 3 bedroom period home offering huge potential to modernise, update and enlarge (STPP), situated in glorious, mature gardens of approximately 0.5 of an acre, in one of Cranleigh's most prestigious roads. EPC Rating: 'F'
- Wonderful character, first class location and outstanding potential to update, modernise and enlarge (STPP).
- Double aspect living room with feature brick fireplace and access to enclosed sunroom with wonderful view of rear garden.
- Dining room with delightful bay window overlooking front garden, superb original art deco fireplace and fascinating cupboard/hatch to kitchen.
- Double aspect kitchen/breakfast room with range of oak fronted cabinets, feature gas Rayburn range and original larder.
- Three generous bedrooms with master featuring superb tiled art deco fireplace and the third bedroom featuring large eaves walk-in wardrobe area which has been utilised as a study.
- Bathroom with white suite including shower over bath, together with separate WC.
- Large driveway with off-street parking for 4 cars leading to attached garage with access to front and rear.
- Gardens of approx half an acre landscaped to incorporate a plethora of plants, shrubs and trees, together with a slightly wooded natural area containing many established trees.
Price Guide £900,000 - £950,000 Freehold
Homes such as this are increasingly rare. Having been occupied by the owner's family since 1947 this superb property presents a fantastic opportunity for the new owners to utilise their vision and create their own bespoke family home. Believed to have been built in the 1920's, this distinctive period property retains much of the charm and the character of the era. This handsome home does not fail to impress, with classic painted brick elevations and an appealing symmetry to the façade. Immediately upon entering it is clear that this has been a well loved family home. The principal double aspect sitting room has an impressive fireplace as the focal point and access a delightful garden room with a lovely view over the rear garden. The formal dining room has an aspect over the front garden, whilst the kitchen has a double aspect and includes a feature Rayburn range and plenty of space for a breakfast table. Upstairs there are three generous bedrooms, one of which has a significant eaves/wardrobe cupboard, which has even been utilised as a study. There is a family bathroom and a separate WC. The spectacular gardens extend to approximately 0.5 of an acre. A clear passion of the family, the formal gardens both front and rear enjoy an abundance of mature shrubs plants and trees together with a lightly wooded area to the rear of the garden, providing a more natural environment which would be a haven for children to play.
* Wonderful character in a first class location with outstanding potential to update, modernise and enlarge (STPP).
* Central reception hall with access to the downstairs cloakroom.
* Double aspect living room overlooking the gardens with a feature arched brick fireplace and access to an enclosed loggia/sunroom which has a wonderful view of the rear garden.
* Dining room with a delightful square bay window overlooking the front gardens, together with a superb original art deco fire place and a fascinating cupboard /serving hatch accessing the kitchen.
* Double aspect kitchen/breakfast room with a range of oak fronted cabinets and feature gas Rayburn range together with an original larder cupboard with space for appliances.
* Three generous bedrooms with the principal featuring a superb blue/grey tiled art deco fireplace. The third bedroom features a large eaves walk-in in wardrobe area which has also been utilised as a study.
* A bathroom with a white suite including a shower over bath together with a separate WC.
* Large driveway with off-street parking for 4 cars and leading to the attached garage with doors to both front and rear.
* Gardens extending to approximately 0.5 of an acre and comprise of extensive areas of landscaped areas entailing a plethora of plants, shrubs and trees together with a further slightly wooded natural area containing many established trees.
The village of Cranleigh is located 10 miles to the south of Guildford, which has a mainline station with a fast service into Waterloo and access to the A3 for the M25 and central London.
Cranleigh village has a health centre, library, leisure centre and arts centre as well as a comprehensive range of shops. These include a butcher, fishmonger, Marks and Spencer Simply Food', two supermarkets and a wide range of independent retailers. The area is surrounded by open countryside, including the Surrey Hills, ideal for walking, cycling and horse riding.