An rare and exciting development project in a very special location within the heart of the Surrey Hills, featuring approximately 30 acres with magnificent southerly views across the Weald of Sussex, towards the South Downs, this outstanding prospect offers potential to create a truly bespoke home.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase nearly 30 acres with 3 lakes.
- Planning permission granted and partly implemented.
- The decision is due imminently for the new scheme - the floorpans listed are from the new application (Waverley Planning Ref. 2021/0324)
- Glorious views beyond the lakes towards the South Downs.
- Within striking distance of Cranleigh village and amenities.
- The listed Boathouse has been rebuilt to an exacting standard.
- Extensive works on the lake itself have been undertaken by a local company, further details are available upon request.
- The current application includes a detached garage, with adjoining store room and workshop.
A rare and fantastic development opportunity in an unrivalled position, being sited in an elevated location on Pitch Hill, enjoying amazing panoramic views to the South Downs.
The Lake House is set in nearly 30 acres with 3 small lakes, a listed boat house, planning for a 3700 sq ft property over 2 floors, planning for a barn/office, wood store and a detached garage. The original consent has been implemented and part constructed with the floor slab in situ and steel structure having been erected. The owner then decided to submit a further planning application for an altered design and we are advised by him that planning will be granted for the second design by way of a delegated decision which is due imminently (Waverley Planning Ref. 2021/0324). Alternatively, the ultimate buyer could carry on with the original consent or make their own application.
The original Lake House (a bungalow) was built in the 1950's to take advantage of the magnificent position and southerly views. Accessed via a short winding drive the siting of the house sits very positively within its own land having no near neighbours and is just above a gentle slope leading down to the lake with its historic boathouse offering an opportunity to create a study/office with access to the boat below. Up a track behind the house site is a paddock with planning to build a detached barn and there is an area for a detached triple garage.
Situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the site benefits from being surrounded by the areas most beautiful countryside and yet is within easy access of London's commuter links. Lake House has easy access to thousands of acres of the Surrey Hills making this the ideal location for keen walkers or equestrian enthusiasts. There are plenty of good schools within the region and most notably the independent Duke of Kent School opposite, offering education from 3+ to GCSE level.
The villages of Ewhurst and Peaslake, equidistant from the property offer convenience stores, public houses and primary schools.