Property valuations for anyone thinking of coming to the market can still go ahead and property viewings can still be conducted.
Conveyancing, removals, surveys, and construction can all carry on meaning those people we are currently in the process of moving home can continue as before.
Andrew Dewar, Joint Senior Partner at Burns & Webber comments:
“The Government clearly understand the importance of the housing market both to peoples lives and it’s role in the UK economy.
Since we returned from the first lockdown we have been adhering to the Government’s stringent procedures to ensure absolute compliance with every requirement in terms of Covid-19 safety and that will continue. “
We will be monitoring closely any announcements made by the Government in the coming days and communicating closely with our clients to guide them through these changing times.
Our Covid-19 Safety Procedures
Following the end of the first lock down, we were one of the first industries to be able to get back to work adhering to strict guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure people’s safety. We will continue to follow Government guidelines for viewing appointments:
- All Burns & Webber staff will wear face mask, gloves and shoe coverings.
- Where needed we are able to arrange virtual viewings by video.
- If the homeowner, buyer or tenant has tested positive for Covid-19, is presenting any symptoms or is self isolating, or if this applies to any family member living in the same household viewings cannot go ahead.
- Face masks must be worn by prospective buyers/tenants. Hands must be sanitised.
- Only 2 adults are allowed and should only involve the participants that are essential and of the same household. Regrettably at this moment children cannot attend viewings.
- Visits are limited to approximately 15 minutes in the property. Vendors or tenants must leave the building during the viewing to satisfy the ‘two-household’ rule.
- Social distancing of 2 meters must be maintained on viewing appointments at all times.
- Viewers must not touch anything within the property during their visit. All doors will be opened by our representative.
Our branches will be fully operational throughout this second lockdown and available for anyone who has a desire to move home.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and contact your local Burns & Webber branch.